The Digital Director has technical, commercial and managerial skills. They will head up the agency’s development and UX design team always ensuring we are at the technical vanguard of all things digital and be responsible for contributing to the strategy and development of quality solutions for our clients’ marketing projects.
Working closely with the UX, Design, Strategy and Client Service teams – reporting into the MD. Their main purpose will be to deliver commercial and performance success through technical insight, scoping, resource planning, development and QA for all the key digital technology projects the agency works on.
- Accurately scope, maintain budgets and manage resources on a multi-faceted technical marketing projects
- Work proactively alongside the strategic, creative, clients service and UX teams to ensure the timely and high-quality delivery of technical digital marketing projects
- Manage and improve a team of developers and UX designers of varying skills and levels
- Push the creative and results driven boundaries of what can be built
- Act as the primary contact for all queries regarding technical knowledge, resource and budgets
- Full stack development experience and the ability to ‘jump on the tools’ to ensure project deadlines are met
- Where required build and nurture client relationships reinforcing a sense of accountability and responsibility for delivering the highest quality and value to clients
- Participate in new business development pitches as the tech expert
- Hire suitable contractors as required
- Researching and sharing latest industry trends and methods.
What we need from you
- Minimum 8 years professional experience with at least 1 of those in a lead technical role preferably within an agency style environment
- Considerable experience in matching technical solutions to clients’ requirements and budgets
- An understanding and vision of how UX drives projects
- Marketing automation savvy with knowledge of systems such as Eloqua, Marketo, Hubspot and Pardot
- Great PHP knowledge (object-oriented and procedural)
- Excellent understanding of databases and their creation and management, with a focus on MySQL
- Experience working within MVC frameworks such as Laravel
- Experience creating and working with APIs
- Top-notch coding and documenting style
- Experience with web-based system admin for hosting
- In-depth knowledge of various CMS systems, such as WordPress and MODX
- Knowledge working across a range of mobile platforms including iOS and Android
- Experience working under tight deadlines and under pressure
- Demonstrable track record of developing team members
- Excellent communication and decision-making skills
- Positive, hardworking and a great team player with a willingness to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in to deliver
- A passion for all things technical with a desire to explore the art of the possible.