This role is for a full stack developer who can apply great development skills to a wide variety of projects in an exciting and fast-moving agency. Joining a growing team, you would be the go-to person for front and back-end development.
Reporting in to the Technical/Digital Director, the successful candidate will be involved throughout the development process, from taking briefs from the accounts team to coding webpages, web applications, generating database designs and coding using front-end HTML5 and CSS, along with back-end PHP and MVC frameworks.
Miramar is an independent, strategic, creative, and digital marketing agency based between Reading and Oxford. We believe marketing communications should be about relevant content, targeted execution and should never be ‘business as usual’. Our clients love us because we are results-driven and service focused.
For the last 12 years, we have delivered campaigns that drive ROI for our clients’ budgets. It is all going rather well so we need to find like-minded talent to join our fast-growing, award-winning agency.
We are a business built on its culture and that means leaving the politics at the door and being a real team player. Our core values:
- We take pride in our work
- We are driven
- We are decent
- We are friendly and personable
What we need from you
- Flexible home working considered. Fully remote to start, with a minimum 1 or 2 days in the office a week thereafter based on project requirements
- Excellent front-end web development skills, ideally including jQuery
- Great PHP knowledge (object-oriented and procedural) and ideally some experience working within MVC back-end frameworks
- Excellent understanding of databases and their creation and management, ideally with a particular focus on MySQL
- Particular attention to documentation, including commenting code appropriately and, where required, identifying and writing supporting documentation/articles in our knowledgebase
- Ideally some experience working within CMS systems, in particular with WordPress and MODX being an advantage
- Passionate and fast learner of new technologies
- Ability to work well in a team in a fast-paced agency environment and the ability to work collaboratively with other departments and disciplines and provide regular progress/status updates – good communication skills will be important for this
- Positive, hardworking and a great team player
- Great verbal and written capabilities